November 29, 2009

Fragments

Title: Fragments
Author: Maia
Fanfic URL: http://winglin.net/fanfic/fragments/
Reviewer: GD Babyism
------------------------------------------------------------
Title: 3/5
Interesting title. I happen to be a fan of one-word titles :D The word ‘Fragments’ mean a lot of things when interpreted differently. When I first saw the title I was thinking.. Memory loss for some reason O.O

Forewords: 7/10
I absolutely fell in love with your prologue! I like how you write in First Person’s POV instead of third. It makes me feel.. Somehow, more connected to what Ella or Chun is thinking. And also, your foreword is very clear and it gives the reader a basic idea of what your story is like.

Plot: 13/15
The plot definitely stood out for me. Not a lot of authors write about marriage, and if they do, they tend to do the cliché. But not you. You managed to write about the pain of their marriage, and also the sweetness of the love. Perfect balance. I have to admit, some parts were a bit confusing as you separated their thoughts but I get muddled as I try to figure whose POV was I reading >.< And talking about the taboo of a priest falling in love was genius. Not easy, but you did it perfectly.

Creativity/Originality: 7/10
Like I said, this type of story is hard to come by. I enjoyed reading it, a lot. And also the little, minute details that you added in the story. Especially the one about seashells ringing in the wind theory. It was so sweet. And the part where she found out who the priest was? Awesome.

Flow (speed): 14/15
I like the pace, it wasn’t too rushed although I expected it to be.

Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation: 14/15
I didn’t spot any major mistakes here, but like I said, take note of the spacing when you want to separate the character’s thoughts. It would be best if you told the readers whose POV they were reading in brackets.

Writing Style: 7/10
I really enjoyed reading your story because your writing style is simple, but embellished with the lyrics from Daughtry’s song. It was easy to understand, and also, it’s quite a challenge to write the POV of 3 characters but you managed to pull it off amazingly well.

Characterization: 9/10
Perfection. Need I say more? You expressed the thoughts of all the characters clearly and I could understand what each person was thinking. Love it! Especially Chun’s character.

Setting/Details: 7/10
The poster was good, but it would be better if it was in black and white. Something dark and moody with just a splash of color. But you chose your font color well. It popped out but it wasn’t too contrasting with the background.

Subtotal: 81/100
Bonus: 3/5
I used to think that stories featuring Taiwanese celebrities weren’t going to be as good as those featuring Korean ones but girl, you changed my mindset! >.<

Total: 84/100
It was a joy reading your fic! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home