December 29, 2009

Forever

Title: Forever
Author: faye
URL: http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/faye_01/
Reviewer: jjwyl



`Story Title[did it catch my attention?] : -3/5

Nice and simple. I wouldn’t say it attracted me at first. But it would stand out in the millions of other story titles because yours is just one word instead of two or more.


`Appearance[what was my first impression? Did it catch my attention?] : -9/10

I really liked the poster because with the lines coming from Changmin and the girl, it really did feel like they were really coming from the future. But I took a point off because it was a bit too girly. The background is also really nice and the font color was able to show up.


`Forewords[did your forewords make me wanting to read more?] : -8/10

When I first read it, it kind of sounded a bit cliché, but I somewhat wanted to continue reading.

Also, it was a bit too short.


`Plot[was the plot cliche or was it interesting?] : -14/15.

This plot that you have, I think it’s the first time I read something like this. It sounds so mystical and so alluring. But it’s really magical, as if it was all magic and nothing was real.


`Characterization[was I able to learn about the characters?] : -8/10

I wasn’t really able to tell what type of person the characters were. The only ones that I really understood were probably Cedie and a bit of Changmin.


`Creativity/Originality[was it creative?] : -9/10

This is definitely something creative. A person that comes from the future through a mirror? I like your idea. I think it’s the first time I read something like this.


`Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary[was I able to understand what you were trying to say?] : -9/10

Everything was great, but I did notice that one or two letters had to be capitalized. Also, for some words, it was missing a ending letter.


`Flow[was it too fast or too slow to my liking?] : -8/10.

Overall, the flow was quite well. But I took a bit off because I felt like the mother accepted Changmin too quickly when they first stepped into the house and two days had passed so quickly. You could have wrote what happened during those two days.


`Writing Style[did your writing style make it easy for me to read?] : -14/15

I really liked your writing style. But the one thing I would recommend would be to make each chapter a bit longer.


`Overall Enjoyment[did I enjoy this story?] : -5/5

The ending was really touching and was something I wouldn’t have expected.


`Total : -87/100

`Bonus : -3/5

1) Ending was really unexpected

2) Changmin is a cutie (I love DBSK)

3) It was a happy ending!


Overall Total: -90/100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home