December 26, 2009

Yesterday Once More

Title: Yesterday Once More

Author: Seo Vero

URL: http://winglin.net/fanfic/seovero01/

Reviewer: jj_wyl



`Story Title[did it catch my attention?] : -2/5

To be honest, it’s not really eye-catching enough. And it doesn’t really seem like a title that has a really deep meaning to it.


`Appearance[what was my first impression? Did it catch my attention?] : -6/10

The poster doesn’t seem to be done really well. You could have added the title or some quotes onto it. And since it has to with previous life, I recommend you add some more old colors, like grey or black.


`Forewords[did your forewords make me wanting to read more?] : -6/10

From the foreword, I could already tell that it seems like a common storyline. Try to add some suspense into your foreword so the readers would want to click NEXT.


`Plot[was the plot cliche or was it interesting?] : -11/15.

It really is a bit cliché and not really unique. There’s not much to say for it though.


`Characterization[was I able to learn about the characters?] : -7/10

For some of the characters, I was able to tell how they are. But I would recommend you add some more information about the others. One way, could be lengthening the conversation between each character. Another way could be to add some information on the foreword page.


`Creativity/Originality[was it creative?] : -7/10

I wouldn’t say you’re not creative, but try to think of more unique events and scenarios.


`Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary[was I able to understand what you were trying to say?] : -8/10

Your spelling isn’t bad. I don’t think I spotted any errors. But your grammar needs to be worked on because I found a couple places that you mixed the past tenses with the present tenses or you used both tenses in the same sentence.


`Flow[was it too fast or too slow to my liking?] : -9/10.

The flow was good. Things didn’t go too fast or too slow. But I don’t know how the later chapters will be since it’s not a completed story.


`Writing Style[did your writing style make it easy for me to read?] : -9/15

If you’re writing just single sentences, space it out into double space instead of writing one sentence right below another. And try to add sentences together to form paragraphs. Also, if you’re asking a question, don’t use the question mark twice in a row, same goes for a exclamation mark.


`Overall Enjoyment[did I enjoy this story?] : -2/5

I think it’s because of the writing style and cause I don’t really pay attention to those characters.


`Total : -67/100

`Bonus : -1/5

For making your chapters not too long and not too short.


Overall Total: -68/100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home